CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

Bobs, What I do know is that the CIC sale is news door to one of...

1. 5,277 Posts.
    Bobs,

What I do know is that the CIC sale is news door to one of Conti's Kweneng project and not AFR's which is right up in the north west of the country. When the CIC deal was struck, in effect it put a 'sweet spot' on the map and a value on our Kweneng project providing that we prove up a resource.

This is akin to your neighbour (CIC) selling their home for 4x the previous perceived value. A home owner on the other side of town (AFR) may spruik the fact that they have a similar home to the one your neighbour is selling, but at the end of the day, it should be your house(Conti) that is worth more due to proximity.

Road and rail is very close by to Kweneng. So is South Africa for supply to Eskom if they so require. Even the proposed Kalalari railroad will head west from Gabarone through Namibia. Gabarone is only a few kilometres from Kweneng and the CIC>JSW land. So we can see why JSW have jumped on land in that area and several companies have contacted Conti.

As AFR is so far away from where the action is, pitching this sale in their presentations is nothing but a low grade ramp. I would stay well away from any company that uses this strategy at marketing their company.

As for question about Conti's land ie getting the 'last one left', Conti acquired the land through the purchase of Mashala Resources which had this land back when Botswana coal wasn't sexy.

Something has got to give soon, and I'm going to be there with as much presence as possible when it does.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.