PEN 4.55% 11.5¢ peninsula energy limited

bottom line

1. 13,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2634
    I will be stunned if next week's announcements are NOT positive.

My simple reason for assirting this is the strong hint given in yesterday's announcement:

"The drill density and continuity of mineralisation is expected to result in a high proportion of inferred resources being upgraded to indicated category"

What is the significance of the 'high proportion' upgrade from inferred?

Simply this. In the DFS and EES announcement in Dcember, the feasibility of the EES was established on the basis of 23.3m lbs wihin all Lance projects.

At the time of the last resource upgrade, in June 2011, PEN had 42m lbs of which 11.3m lbs was M&I and 30.7m lbs was infered.

Therefore the feasibility shortfall in June (based on the feasibility parameters announced in December) was 12.1m lbs of M&I resource.

The task for Strata - by late March - was to convert 40% of its EXISTING infered resource (of 30.7m lbs) to M&I and/or identy new M&I resources in its new exploratory drilling since June 2011.

Strata has drilled 810 holes since June 2011 - 510 more holes and at higher average grades than the previous inter-resource upgrade period (between Feb and June 2011)

So, with this substantial drilling since last June, has Strata been able to identify the required additional 12.1m lbs of M&I resource (by converting around 40% of the existing infered resource or delineating new 'indicated' resources)?

Well,I think they answered that question yesterday with the comment that "The drill density and continuity of mineralisation is expected to result in a high proportion of inferred resources being upgraded to indicated category"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
0.005(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $366.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $2.185M 19.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 1892350 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 3719 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.