NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

bottom, page-16

1. 1,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    "I'm in the business of making money and the market moves up and down" You would actually want to make money when the market is up or down not just to make money when the market is up. Holding a paper loss in the hope that the "big rescue pay day" is not a business fundamental to make money.

"The market is full of under valued stocks that have been over sold because of fear" this tends to only apply for stocks that are blue chip or at least the mid caps that has liquidity. This is only true when there are institutions trading the stock. For the small caps this theory usually does not hold.

"Doesn't mean NKP won't have a deal in the next 1- 2 months.... Does it?" NKP has a chance to get a deal done. I never totally discounted this. Before the deal gets done what happens f the share price reaches 10cents before say rebounding to 40 cents (400% appreciation). Well if you are a holder prior to the Dec2010 suspension you are still losing money. If you purchased at 15-17cents you would be laughing. Same principle of "looking at the bigger picture" for 2 people that has very different outcomes.

I missed FMG back in 2004. Then again I have much more money today than I did in 2004. In July 2010 I missed STB at 55cents but I still have more money today than July 2010. All this talk of "holding till the end" because of the "bigger picture" is just personal ego. I would rather miss out on a potential multi-bagger than to be stuck on a dog that has lost 50-80% with only the dream of "the bigger picture" as my comeback. To me investing is more about capital preservation than that "one hit wonder". Business of making money has its first rule is to preserve capital if things do not go well, not thinking about how much you may make if everything goes well.

Just curious that if NKP does get a JV, but the terms are not favorable and the stock says only goes back to 30cents...what would the people with the "bigger picture vision" do?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.