XJO 1.25% 7,777.7 s&p/asx 200

Bottomed Out..... - Tuesday, page-69

1. 2,104 Posts.
    About 15 years ago a Qld guy, Bryce Gilmore, wrote a software program called CycleTrader for our market and he wrote on his website:

"In April 2000, the S&P/ASX 200 Index was introduced to replace the All Ordinaries Index as the primary gauge of the Australian equity market. The symbol is XJO and represents approx. 90% coverage of the Australian equities market.

This index is primarily followed by institutions and futures traders, etc. The SPI was also changed and called SPI200 to bring it in line with the cash index (XJO)

In the meantime, the ASX continued to calculate the old All Ords (coverage of only approx 320 stocks) and gave it the symbol XPI. On 29th June 2001 the XJO closed at 3490.30 and the XPI closed at 3490.80.

Given this exact close of both indicies, I have chosen to link the history of the old All Ords at that date, to the XJO 200 Index on that date. My XJO swing files will now reflect this."

Given that over the long term the indexes have changed a bit as our stock exchanges evolved, that made sense to me so I did the same with my XJO data and I call it "ASX 200 Linked", but I use the XAO for long term price projections.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.