XJO 1.25% 7,777.7 s&p/asx 200

Bottomed Out..... - Tuesday, page-71

1. 2,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1889
    @Sandash ... Now you are bringing up Long_Term(L/T) memories; know Bryce Gilmore very well ... I 1st came across him way back to the late 1980's early 1990's when he was operating out of Melbourne. His initial software program in those days was called "Wave Trader"(and still is I believe?). I was one of his 1st customers/students(WT1 & 2) and actually attended two weekend seminars of his + "extra" personal tuition at his home. Still have WT2 plus excellent old data BUT all locked in a pre_millenium 486 computer(remember those). Can't use WT2 on any subsequent computers as those early versions had to have a "toggle" that was 'piggy_backed' to the computer screen cable in order to read the software on the then 'normal' screens. He used to love trading Gold, BHP, MIM and of course(as you mentioned) the SPI(when it was $100/pt).

You said ... "In the meantime, the ASX continued to calculate the old All Ords (coverage of only approx 320 stocks) and gave it the symbol XPI. On 29th June 2001 the XJO closed at 3490.30 and the XPI closed at 3490.80.

Given this exact close of both indicies, I have chosen to link the history of the old All Ords at that date, to the XJO 200 Index on that date. My XJO swing files will now reflect this."

I agree and that's true BUT as I said I have become more of a short-term Trader/Investor(really since Nov. 2007) and only occasionally take a look at data(charts) before that time_frame just for interest/curiosity sake as it doesn't influence my current trading goals.

I follow up with my L/T Daily chart to show how close those "HITS" that I alluded to on the Quarterly Chart above are.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.