re: public house retirement package I think the concept would be...

1. 1,596 Posts.
    re: public house retirement package I think the concept would be attractive to people who don't own their own homes - and coming from Sydney originally - plenty of singles/couples fit into this category.

On the Sunshine Coast the village style homes are very popular - these homes charge a large entry fee plus body corporate fees as well.

Village Life has made quality senior accommodation affordable for everyone. Here's how it works:

There is no bond or entry fee.
    Rent is based on a percentage of the dollar equivalent of the standard single aged pension plus the dollar equivalent of the maximum rent assistance. The latter rental structure also applies to self-funded retirees and those receiving a different form of pension.
    There is no means or asset testing. All residents pay the same amount of rent.
    There is a once only cleaning fee of $150 to be paid upon arrival.
    Emergency buzzers are optional for residents, providing 24-hour contact with on-site Managers. This is at no charge to residents, however there is a small deposit which is refunded on return of the pendant.
    Utilities such as electricity and telephone are at the expense of the resident.

I'm just not sure if Village Life will be making enough $$$$ to cover their costs with payment structure above.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.