BYL 0.00% 8.0¢ brierty limited

Anybody who thinks that BYL is moving into a dearth of work...

1. 4,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    Anybody who thinks that BYL is moving into a dearth of work should look at its employment opportunities section of the BYL website. Under expression of interest one reads:

Expressions of Interest

Brierty is growing exponentially and we are expressions of interest for a varierty of positions.
    We need people with the skills, motivation and performance who are competent in leading, delivering and managing our growth opportunities. . . “

What is interesting is that in the list of jobs work on contracts that BYL has secured are usually named, as you can see below, and this begs the question as to what one can read into the words “New Work” in lieu thereof. All “Permanent” positions are full-time.

09/12/2014 Civil Project Manager ........... New Work ......... Pilbara .. Permanent
    13/11/2014 Expressions of Interest .......... Head Office ....... Perth
    13/11/2014 Junior Systems Analyst ......... Head Office ....... Perth .... Permanent
    13/11/2014 Project Manager .................... Head Office ....... Perth ..... Permanent
    13/11/2014 Stabiliser Operator ................ Western Turner .. Pilbara .. Permanent
    13/11/2014 Surveyor ................................ West Angelas ...... Pilbara .. Permanent
    21/11/2014 HD Fitter ............................... Western Turner .. Pilbara .. Permanent
    01/12/2014 Shotfirer/MPU Operator ...... Western Turner .. Pilbara .. Permanent
    03/12/2014 Project Manager ..................... New Work ......... Pilbara .. Permanent
    05/12/2014 Stabiliser Operator ................. West Angelas ..... Pilbara .. Permanent
    08/12/2014 Graduate Civil Engineer ......... New Work ......... Pilbara .. Permanent
    08/12/2014 Senior Project Engineer ......... New Work ......... Pilbara .. Permanent
    08/12/2014 Superintendent ........................ New Work .….... Pilbara .. Permanent
    08/12/2014 Supervisor ............................... New Work ......... Pilbara .. Permanent
    12/12/2014 Project Engineer ...................... New Work ......... Pilbara .. Permanent
    12/12/2014 Supervisor ............................... Western Turner .. Pilbara .. Permanent
    12/12/2014 Surveyor .................................. New Work .......... Pilbara .. Permanent
    15/12/2014 Production Mining Supervisor . Western Turner . Pilbara . Permanent

Obviously, there is a great deal of competitive pressure, so let us hope BYL does not drop its already-low margins.
    It is interesting that the “New Work” is in the Pilbara. Anybody labouring under the opinion that the demand for iron ore is shrinking should read the article at http://www.thebull.com.au/premium/a...-doomsayers-overlook-strong-fundamentals.html

I have for over a year opined that BYL's differentiator is its relationship with Aboriginal joint ventures, and in a tight call, that could be the winning ticket. I may be wrong, but I think this may be the major factor that has allowed BYL to thrive recently while competitors languish. NWH also has JVs with Aboriginal enterprises, but I do not think it has been as enthusiastic about that strategy as BYL has been.

I am very bullish about BYL, which is why I have hurled serious money at it to acquire a million shares over the last eighteen months. With that sized holding, I feel comfortable enough to ask to meet Peter McBain when I visit Perth in early March. I would like to discuss the large Administration expense, particularly as in the twenty years leading up to my retirement, I made a living as a self-employed consultant advising large organisations how to reduce expenses. A component of this work involved articulating client-favourable contract provisions, or at least avoiding the sort of ambiguity that NWH is now facing in respect to interpretation of its contract with Samsung.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 17/12/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.