DRK 0.00% 1.2¢ drake resources limited

bounce, page-54

1. 1,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 505
    You never know if we could have some simalarities to this one it would be very special, you never know......

-

Largest nickel deposit in Europe discovered in protected bog area in Finnish Lapland
    The Viiankiaapa mire could be a major obstacle to opening a mine

The significance of the mining industry for the economy of Lapland and the entire country continues to grow.
    On Wednesday, the British-American mining giant Anglo American announced that its prospectors have discovered a nickel deposit in Sakattilampi, in the Viiankiaapa mire area north of Sodankylä, in Finnish Lapland.
    The deposit may be the largest in Europe.
    According to test drillings, the level of nickel contained in the ore samples is as high as 4%, while the corresponding figure for the Kevitsa deposit further north is just 0.4%.
    ”There is also plenty of copper in the Sakattilampi discovery. This is the peak of my 25-year career”, said Anglo American Director Jim Coppard, the head of exploratory drillings, at a mining meeting arranged at the Levi ski resort on Wednesday.

The rich deposit containing pyrites stretches to a depth of almost one kilometre, but the company intends to engage 150 workers to double the number of drillings in order that the real width and depth of the deposit could be charted.
    At present, the drill holes cover a length of 28 kilometres.
    The ore deposit comes to the surface from the depths of the aapa mire, measuring one kilometre long and half a kilometre wide.
    ”This was a real bombshell”, says Veikko Virtanen, the chair of the municipal board of Sodankylä.
    ”It is likely to lead to opening a mine that will be even larger than Kevitsa”, he said"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.