NDO 6.25% 85.0¢ nido education limited

bounces off 5cents twice, page-5

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    sandybeachs...

What are you up to posting such stuff...don't tell me you sold out again?

I know you bought some last week...and I even know which day it was...it was the day the the price fell...LOL!

ROTFLMAO!!!

Please don't take offense sandy, I'm just messing with you!

My response to some of your comments...

---

"nido has now bounced off 5cents (close enough) twice now."

No it hasn't!

It has been consolidating in the 4.3 - 4.7c range after overshooting through 5c recently. As I see it, 4.6c appears to have become a key figure now, so the fact we finished the week over this, in my opinion, could prove to be a significant event. Having said that however, I can still see a further period of flat trading for NDO, which could present the last chance to get on board before the next leg up!

---

"even after a good announcement the other day (jv with nwe)."

As for the lack-lustre reaction to the JV with NWE?

Maybe it was because it was a "rest day" for most oilers...maybe it was because the news was already factored into the price...or maybe it was because you bought shares on that day...LOL?

Who knows why, but I noticed NWE was also rather unmoved by the announcement...which is hard to explain given the recent interest generated with EXR and NDO's North Sea acquisitions.

I guess it just goes to show the importance of timing one's announcements with the daily flow of money in and out of the market!

---

"so what does it have too do, so it can break through this barrier.???? is the market putting a cap on the share price around 5cents for the time being..????"

Sandy, there isn't a cap at 5c...it is more a case of exhausted buyers!

There are plenty waiting on the sidelines, sitting on their hands, looking for the right time to re-enter NDO...this is a typical market scenario, especially given NDO's current cycle.

Many of these prospective buyers, would have been recent sellers above 4.8c and are understandably reluctant to buy above this number.

Normally, given such a significant rise and sudden buying boycott, any other stock would have been substantially sold down by now...but not NDO.

I suspect it is slowly becoming clear to many of these "fence sitters", that there is much more left in NDO yet, that they may not be able to get back in a cheaply as they were hoping...and that they might need to reasses their trading plans. In fact, I think you will find that some of the "at market" runs towards the end of last week, were the results of such a scenario.

If so, it has only been a trickle so far, which will probably continue into next week, or even the following week, but at some point, it will become clear to just about everyone that the selling has dried up and that a new floor has been established.

In this scenario, higher oil prices, an announcement, a large buy order, a combination of smaller buy order, or even a butterfly fluttering it wings in South America, can suddenly be the trigger that stirs up the market's interest once again.

When it does, you will want to be holding!

---

"perhaps another announcement might hit the spot, or if oil prices keep heading north might help."

See above.

---

"still very attractive longtime, and very volatile shorterm"

Attractive...yes!

Volatile...depends!

I see volatility below 4.3c as very low...and I have never heard anyone complain about upside volatility!

---

"as i've said recently i still consider nido high risk, one must take due care.."

Sandy, I agree NDO is a speculative stock and we all know that "Speculative" = "risk"

But I pesonally don't see it as "high risk" as you keep saying.

As I have previously stated, out of a range of 1-10 for "speculative" stocks, I would place NDO in the 3-6 range.

You may recall, as part of my argument for such a position, I recently listed several high an low risk "speculative" comparisons to NDO...with COE in the "low" risk category and "CVN" in the high risk category.

I have just finished reading separate reports on each of these companies, prepared by well respected broking houses, both of which have assigned similar "risk" profiles as me...(ie...COE = "Low" and CVN = "High")

If I might ask sandy...out of a range of 1-10, how would you rate COE, NDO and CVN within the speculative end of the market and why?

---

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NDO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
85.0¢
Change
0.050(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $193.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
85.0¢ 85.0¢ 85.0¢ $850 1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3500 82.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
85.0¢ 4967 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.34pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NDO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.