BUL 7.14% 5.2¢ blue energy limited

bowen vs surat

1. 1,189 Posts.

I don't think this hung parliament is going to be good for the Surat Basin based csg projects with Bob Katter and the Greens vowing to protect rich agricultural land from mining and gas projects.

It may however be a positive thing for BUL and BOW with their Bowen basin assets. If Bob Brown is determined to protect the Darling Downs cropping region then that means more gas will need to come from the less fertile northern bowen.

IF they are seeing these post election ramifications in a similar way, then I'd guess Shell/Petro and BG will be considering that it would be good to have a viable plan b in case they can't get approvals to sink 15000 wells in the Surat.

Fortunately for them the Bowen looks like it has the back up gas and it certainly doesn't appear to have anywhere near the same level of competing stakeholder interests. If the Greens and Katter want to stymie csg in the Darling Downs then it will have to go somewhere else as there is no way BG and Shell are going to give up having thrown so much money at these projects already. If I'm right about this then it could mean BUL , BOW, WCL and AGK are now sitting on increasingly strategic assets in the Bowen and GB.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.