"Makes me sick that these preening prima donnas are still...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "Makes me sick that these preening prima donnas are still getting paid 50%!! for what?"

I bet you would feel sick if you worked for 6 months and didn't get paid. How would you like it if your boss told you to come to work but he is not going to pay you for coming to work each day for 6 months. Would you feel sick? Would you take your boss to court?

They have been AT WORK for roughly 40% TO 50% of their contract already because their CBA requires 6 weeks of holidays (like many other industries) and are required to start work on 1st november.

THEREFORE, PLAYERS HAVE AGREED TO COP 50% REDUCTION TO FINISH THE SEASON WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE AN EXTENDED THEY ARE WILLING TO PLAY THE REST OF THE COMPETITION AND COP 50% OF THEIR MONTHLY WAGES GOING FORWARD FROM APRIL TILL OCTOBER 31. BUT THE NRL PLAYER WILL PLAY THE SEASON UNTIL DECEMBER IF REQUIRED.

Like any person would, they are doing what is best for themselves but understanding the circumstances and will play out the season. They are willing to go to work, fulfil their duities but cop 50% less of their CONTRACT until it finishes in October, but will play till December.

How on earth does that make you feel sick? The irony is, you would probably feel sick having to go back to work, fulfil your contract and get paid 50% less till October even though you are prob going to work till decemberr

Last edited by nickyjames: 04/04/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.