Of course they don't understand the full scope of the problem....

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Of course they don't understand the full scope of the problem. That's not their jobs. They are so hyperfocused on their own lives, their readiness, their health, their performance and their own contract and those negotiations that they just don't think about that side of the business. CEO's of clubs wouldn't take too kindly to a player telling him how to run his club, so they stay in their line. And that's why players have their own union.

Are you telling me that you wouldn't try to do what is best for yourself and your family in this situation? The NRL and the players in particular think the season will continue and be finished this year with the NRL predicting a December finish.

Therefore, they will be fulfilling their duties. Players in the NRL in particular are taking a 50% pay cut going forward so that in itself shows that players are aware that the game is hurting for cash.

I doubt there would be anyone happy to cop a 50% cut in their wage to go back to work and could you blame anyone from negotiating to ensure you get the best deal possible for yourself. NRL players negotiated down from 75% cut to 50% going forward.

It just amazes me how easily people get on their soap box when it comes to people looking out for their best interests financially as if they wouldn't do it themselves. But somehow, the blinkers go on when it comes to footballers as if they are the only ones who shouldn't look out for themselves and as though scandals are only confined to them as well, while totally ignoring that politicians, doctors, lawyers (all highly educated people of a 'wise" age) don't get involved in scandals.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.