GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

boycott gns and amp cba and friends , page-15

1. 2,320 Posts.
    Well i live in the South so not a matter of NIMBY as it is up north near Launceston (which I personally don't like much anyway lol). So the not in that location is not based on being any further away from me - but rather away from the valley/inversion weather area and tousist area. And I'm certainly not anti-development - hey i invest in the stock market for growth stocks!

But I disagree that by-passing the planning and assesment laws is OK. Too open to insufficient assesment as has happened here and it makes it no longer an equal playing field (every otehr development must go through it). The most rediculous thing is when Gunns pulled out of the normal RPDC assessment they claimed it was because it was taking too long and the project would no longer be viable if it wasn't started by 3/4 way through last year (this was after the RPDC repeatedly asked for sufficient / complete details which Gunns refused to submit). Yet here we are approaching a year later and they still don't have all their fed approvals or funding but are still pushing the Mill as viable - which begs the question why did they really pull out of the RPDC assesment! Because it was becoming inceasingly apparent it would not pass in its current form / scale / location. And it should have been modified accordingly IMO

P.S. appreciate you bringing this out of "your a stuipd greenie - I'm not listening" style debate

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.