boycott q & a

1. 419 Posts.
    How has it become acceptable that somebody can feel emboldened on national television to throw their shoes at an ex-prime minister in his 70s. Like him or not, he was elected 3 times as prime minister. This clown (and those imbeciles who set him up) are not just insulting John Howard but the millions of Australians who supported him.

This incident was the most repugnant example of a never ending series of setups that are targeted at conservative politicians and spokesman, every time they appear on the Q & A program.

Tony Jones and his cohorts have ruined an excellent format by casting aside all objectivity with these type of stunts. So it is time to expose the farce for what it is. So appalled am I that I call on the liberals, and all conservative thinking people, to boycott the ABC program Q & A, thereby removing any relevance that it may still have.

My rant extends to all journalists and commentators that fail to show respect to our elected (or previously elected) politicians. It is an insidious tendency that has become worse in recent years and now seems acceptable for journalists to deride, cajole, interrupt, and basically insult our politicians, who, for the most part, are hard working people with a genuine desire to make a positive contribution.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.