NEU 1.87% $15.19 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

I don't post on this thread but I felt compelled when I read...

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I don't post on this thread but I felt compelled when I read this latest post by Mel.

"As a parent who has seen a marked improvement of my severely disabled child, non-verbal to speaking sentences during her trial experience, I would be remiss in not bringing this to your attention".

I don't recall seeing such compelling parental evidence to the drugs affects, that I'm astonished that BT hasn't been given or the FDA isn't fully aware of this.....

The Bleacher Seats

Posted on September 3, 2017by melelllan
    I read an article yesterday from the Bleacher Report about the race for a “concussion pill”. It went on an on about mouse models stage research and there really isn’t even a possible solution in sight just yet. So, being me, a staunch believer in Neuren’s science and Trofinetide, I just had to write….

“Dear NFL, I know you are looking for a solution to the “concussion crisis” and know that there are several research tests going on but that they are merely in the mouse model stage. I want to make you aware of a drug already in the human clinical trial stage. Trofinetide, made by Neuren Pharmaceuticals, has already had a ten year TBI trial through the army. While it ultimately did not decrease mortality rates, those that did survive had better function and better recovery. This trial was conducted with extremely low dosages on very injured men and women. There are now trials going on in dosages many times those used during this trial. Several mitigating factors were discovered- 1. the dose was miniscule 2. given by IV it was diluted and since many of the wounded received medications for water retention and swelling it was flushed from the system sooner than anticipated. But, there was no denying that those who received it and lived, did better. Trofinetide comes in a liquid form and has been shown to be well tolerated in adults and children at dosages much higher. The lowest used in the TBI trial was 1mg/kg. The highest dose used in children is 200mg/kg. Neuren is also developing NNZ-2591 a “cousin” of sorts to Trofinetide. Other than the TBI trial, Trofinetide has been found to be clinically significant in Rett syndrome and Fragile X. Basically it is a modified version of a portion of the IGF-1 protein that is responsible for brain repair. As a parent who has seen a marked improvement of my severely disabled child, non-verbal to speaking sentences during her trial experience, I would be remiss in not bringing this to your attention. Since the company is in Australia, you may not have heard of it. Here is a link to Neuren’s page that discusses concussions- http://www.neurenpharma.com/irm/content/nnz-2566-in-traumatic-brain-injury.aspx?RID=332
    In any case, I felt it my moral duty to let you know there may already be, if not a solution, a drug that can significantly decrease the effect of concussions on your men.”
    It pains me to think that the NFL may not even be looking at Trofinetide. Maybe it’s not the answer, but MAYBE it is. And it’s already here. Those other drugs are in the bleacher seats, Trofinetide is sitting squarely on the field at the 50 yard line.
    Update: wrote to the Players Assoc. too, because they had an actual email I could find.
    And Tweeted to NFL and NFL Players. Here’s hoping someone becomes interested.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.19
Change
-0.290(1.87%)
Mkt cap ! $1.978B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.20 $15.33 $15.02 $1.783M 117.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 287 $15.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.20 428 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.40am 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.