BPH 5.26% 1.8¢ bph energy ltd

ANNE TWOMEY: Maybe I'll start. The one thing that did strike me...

1. 334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    ANNE TWOMEY: Maybe I'll start. The one thing that did strike me as potentially an issue was in
    relation to 103A (1) (c) which says that a Minister must not grant a pipeline licence for construction of a pipeline
    across coastal waters of the State. On its face that seems fine, but I note, again, that provision in the Coastal Waters
    (State Title) Act that confers rights on the States in relation to the coastal waters, subject to a right of the
    Commonwealth to authorise the construction and use of pipelines for the transport across the seabed of petroleum.
    That, of course, leaves everything still—I was going to say up in the air—under the water. It still leaves it all open
    because, to the extent that if there is no legislation currently in existence at the Commonwealth level—if there is
    none and, again, I'm not an expert on this—at the moment about laying pipelines across coastal State waters, and
    if the Commonwealth legislation just deals with the offshore stuff, then there is no inconsistency in that provision
    in there.
    But if, on a future occasion, the Commonwealth did decide to execute a power to do that, this particular
    qualification would suggest that the State's ability to act to stop that would be limited. Again, this is just talking
    about the State Minister approving a licence. In those circumstances, it would presumably be the Commonwealth
    Minister approving a licence under Commonwealth legislation, and so the State Minister not approving it would
    probably be irrelevant anyway. But I just wanted to point out that there is a lurking concern about the pipelines
    over the coastal water areas of the State in case the Commonwealth, in the future, decided to exercise its powers
    there, because I think it could as a consequence of that exclusion in the Coastal Waters (State Title) Act. But
    again, we're just talking about possibilities way off in the future; we're not talking about current conflicts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
-0.001(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $20.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.8¢ $64.19K 3.434M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 5367878 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 373328 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.