BPH 0.00% 2.1¢ bph energy ltd

BPH - National Party MP's signal support for PEP11, page-242

1. 6,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2420
    You said: "Pitt's and the National's ambush on the Murray-Darling Basin Plan on Wednesday" Pitt didn't ambush anything, he created the bill, instead the Nationals tried to amend Keith Pitt's bill... which tells me the National's senators might not be aligned with Keith Pitt and... that tells me that Keith Pitt might have voted to keep Michael McCormack.

Which also tells me... Keith Pitt might surprisingly be more environmentally friendly then his counterparts. I always knew this, (because I have researched Keith Pitt's history) that is why I had hoped Canavan became the resources minister, but oh well, looks like we are stuck with Keith Pitt.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3295/3295258-803b5d42f011eb3f4271001ae18779ee.jpg
    Karvelas: Let me ask another question about something unusual that happened today, or unexpected certainly, when did the Nationals decide to amend the Murray Darling Basin legislation to remove the requirement that 450gigalitres of water be returned to the environment?
    Canavan: Well that was discussed in our party room this week, and the decision or the resolution was that the national senate team would move amendments that was the only thing approved or sought at that meeting, there were a range of amendments, you've mentioned one, uh, its very important to recognise that the, actual basin plan, that to achieve or to deliver that 450gigalitres it has to be done so in a way where there is no economic or social detriment, now there has been many studies and science showing that we cannot achieve the 450gigalitres outcome without imposing massive economic and social disruption on rural communities, so the amendments that my colleagues have moved or the Nationals party in the senate have moved simply implement the basin plan, as it was intended, giving it to its full effect.
    Karvelas: Doesn't that mean that the amendments undermine the Government and your colleague, the minister for water, Keith Pitt? It was a cabinet decision this is a Government bill?
    Canavan: And we have a parliament where there are different views in the senate, it never undermines, I don't think democracy, or good Government is ever undermined by elected senators putting forward proposals or amendments based on the wishes of their constituents, now the political reality for us in the senate is that if the, Liberal party senators and the Labor party senators vote together, of course these amendments will not get up but it is very important I think for a democracy that your elected representatives, your senator in your area, does forcefully advocate for the views of the area and I also think Anne Webster and Damien Drum has done here for their constituents in Northern Victoria, that's democracy at its finest, they should fight and represent their constituents.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $105.9K 5.063M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 7380543 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 1521447 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.16am 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ 6250526
Last updated 12.51pm 15/05/2024 ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.