BPH 0.00% 1.8¢ bph energy ltd

BPH - news, views, and questions, page-35

1. 2,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1826
    Me again...Here's an interesting snippet from Doorstop Interview with Angus Taylor on 19th May 21 - Kurri Kurri, New South Wales (my highlighting and underlining).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3208/3208787-d099099768207854e8fc57777a2970b3.jpg

https://www.minister.industry.gov.au/ministers/taylor/transcripts/doorstop-kurri-kurri-new-south-wales

JOURNALIST: This plant is going to run on diesel initially because there's no gas supply to it. Why isn't there a gas supply?

ANGUS TAYLOR: Well there will be gas supply for the first summer that counts in 2023, but I'll let Paul respond to that.

PAUL BROAD: Yeah. Thank you very much, Minister. Look, this plant will be ready to go when Liddell closes. The lateral, which supplies gas, takes a bit longer for the EIS process to be sorted because it goes around and close to houses, and we've got to go through that process. We're looking to fast-track that and, with what we've put in the marketplace is quite conservative. Our aim is to only ever use diesel as the ultimate backup. Our aim is to run this plant on gas. As more gas comes available, hopefully from Narrabri or elsewhere, the more we will use this plant, and the more and more aggressively we'll push it. If I can just support what the Minister's saying. You can't keep the lights on after dark if the sun goes down. You can't, without massive amounts of firming capacity. If a plant closes, it gets old, you've got to build new ones. You've got to take long lead times. These things can't be turned on, on a dime. You need to take long lead times and do it. This is about investing in the future for our kids. We'll keep the lights on because that's what we do. In the last week, as the Minister says, it's been an absolute dress rehearsal and 2023 is not even here yet.

JOURNALIST: Mr Broad, where's the gas coming from? Is it dependent on the Queensland to Hunter gas pipeline?

PAUL BROAD: No. No. It'll come out of the Sydney-Newcastle pipeline,
    and once we have is quite a long lateral which turns into storage, and we'll suck it out in the low gas demand time, particularly summer, so our lats will be full, topping it up as we go.

Last edited by Bravo77: 25/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $76.88K 4.087M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 2017498 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 281843 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.