LIC 0.27% $7.33 lifestyle communities limited

As a shareholder and with a relative in a Lifestyle community I...

1. 18 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    As a shareholder and with a relative in a Lifestyle community I took particular interest in the details of the contract. Personally I found the contract easy to understand and the terms and conditions clear. It's a massive decision to downsize into a community so I fail to understand how the residents are surprised/disappointed or outraged later on and claiming they didn't understand the details of the contract. The issue over charging a deceased persons estate rent prior to sale will be milked by the media for all it's worth unfortunately for existing shareholders but I wonder if this is a common complaint. Its up to the executors of the estate to empty the house and restore to near new as soon as possible so it can be sold. There would need to be strict rules (and rent to be paid) otherwise the place would stay empty not earning revenue for the shareholders. Maybe they can alter the contract so for example the place needs to be cleared and sold within 6 months @ 1/2 normal rent then if that has not happened move to full rent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LIC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.