Club_sharer,Have to admit I am anti cosmetic surgery myself, but...

1. 1,092 Posts.
    Club_sharer,

Have to admit I am anti cosmetic surgery myself, but when it comes to teeth I think it does make or break a persons look. The first thing I notice is someones teeth when making contact with them, and I must say i've seen some girls and think, what a shame the parents didn't fix their teeth when they were younger as it does give people a complex, hence avoiding a smile at all cost. I am glad my mum "made me" have braces when I was a teenager even though at the time I cursed, left, right and centre!! lol...

As to the question about a fair price from the other poster, I paid $6000 for my daughters going back 3 years ago and I believe I got what I paid for. The job achieved was excellent and I know of others who have gone to places where they were about $1000 cheaper but 3 years on these kids still got their braces on?? Mine also covered a year of maintenance treatment, retainer etc. Then it's back to my pocket. I claimed back 30% at tax time of the total cost minus the first $1500 which is exempt, which helped I suppose, but at the end of the day it was money well spent. The difference with ceramics was only $500 but my daughter was adament she wanter silver which worked for me anyway, these days it's trendy to wear braces which I was ecstatic about as there was no arguments on whether she was going to get them on or not. Anyway it's up to her now to look after her teeth because second time round, she will be 18 and working to fund her own! lol....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.