TON 18.2% 0.9¢ triton minerals ltd

Brad Boyle Committted, page-91

1. 2,647 Posts.
    Interesting article about Mozambique power problems from other miners in the country. Looks like ton may have to build an electricity plant as well next to the mine. Another couple hundred million to spent then on capex

Kenmare Resources tumbles after $44m loss
    By Cherry Reynard | Wed, 12th March 2014 - 15:23

Mozambique-based titanium mining group Kenmare Resources (KMR) reported $44.1 million (£26.5 million) loss for 2013, but said that its long period of investment in additional capacity was now at an end.

The group said that its expansion had increased capacity by 50%. There were increases in production for the group's ore (22%), heavy mineral concentrate (47%) and ilmenite (25%). Only zircon production fell, by 33%.

However, production has been disrupted by on-going problems with the Mozambique electricity supply. The state electrical utility, Electricidade de Moçambique has experienced problems in delivering stable transmission of power, and electricity supply to the group's mine has been volatile as a result. The group said it was working proactively with EdM to resolve the problems.

http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/153254/kenmare-resources-tumbles-after-44m-loss

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TON (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.