You obviously don't get it.We love the thuggery. We love the big...

1. 616 Posts.
    You obviously don't get it.

We love the thuggery. We love the big hits. Go into a shop and you can buy dvds showing the big hits only. That is what we LOVE.

As for time wasting, nothing beats the gayfl. They play kicks to each other for two to three minutes at a time near the end of the match with the crowd booing. Your own supporters don't even like it.

As for rugby league the biggest time wasting is the video refs. The actual game play over the last 25 years has gotten so much faster.

The thing that irks me about afl is that I have never seen a sport where the ref has so much influence. Every 10 seconds he is blowing the whistle. If you are say Gary Ablett (son of dope) with the ball and someone tackles you from behind it is in the back, 10 seconds later it is holding the ball. There is no logic to the rules. I have pointed this out to my vic cousins and even they concede that one. Same offence different outcome.

Not saying league is perfect but the penalty count isn't so high.

I am not trying to belittle your footy but there is a major difference between the codes. Just as you grew up on the kick emphasis of a game we grew up on the tackle emphasis. It is like telling a Labor vote to go Liberal and vice versa. It will never happen although I do think both codes will have more teams in Melb/Syd down the track.

Cheers
    Mick.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.