BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Brainchip + Prophesee = Qualcomm, page-4

1. 1,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1441

I suggest those who think Akida is not part of what Prophesee brings to the table in its just announced mobile phone collaboration with Qualcom needs to read the following from the Prophesee's website: https://www.prophesee.ai/2022/06/20/brainchip-partners-with-prophesee/

BrainChip’s first-to-market neuromorphic processor, Akida, mimics the human brain to
    analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Keeping AI/ML local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also dramatically reduces latency.

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offerings, said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.”

Now read this from Luca Verre : While today's camera chips continuously process the full frame of images, Prophesee's chip will only process changes in the scene, such as light or movement, which makes it faster and requires less computing power, said Luca Verre, co-founder and chief executive at Prophesee.

Then have a look at this video:

Now have a look at what Luca has to say here:

"Verre said the Prophesee chip will be used in addition to conventional camera chips
    in a blueprint for smartphones that will be released this week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mass production of the chips is planned for next year when they would be integrated into phones, he said."

I'd say there is every chance Akida is being utilised in the Prophesee SOC ... and is this the reason Akida 1500 was developed and recently taped out by GlobalFoundries?

Stay tuned ... this announcement is huge news for Brainchip imo.

Not financial advice ... my opinion only

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $343.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 18.5¢ 16.5¢ $1.865M 10.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 1001708 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 167790 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.