BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Well the iphone 8 is reported to have phased out Touch ID in...

1. 525 Posts.
    Well the iphone 8 is reported to have phased out Touch ID in favour of facial recognition.. which would have to be highly accurate if it's to unlock phones and even be used for Apple Pay... which got me slightly excited until I read this in an article today...

"From what we can gather, Apple’s facial recognition software will incorporate technology from Realface, an Israeli machine learning company with advanced facial recognition software that Apple acquired earlier this year. What differentiates Realface’s facial recognition technology from Samsung’s is that Realface’s software is able to create a 3D representation of a person’s face. In contrast, Samsung’s implementation on the Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 relies upon on a 2D map of an individual’s face, and thus makes it easier to fool with photos and video.

To this point, Realface’s website — which was taken down after the Apple acquisition — noted that it’s technology featured “anti-spoof face recognition.” What’s more, Realface boasted that the success rate of its facial recognition technology stands at 99.67%, a figure which is, believe it or not, a tad higher than what humans are capable of."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $342.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $737.6K 4.203M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
69 1587304 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 213251 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.