BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Mate, you hit it on the head!Qualcomm is beginning to dominate...

1. 740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2317
    Mate, you hit it on the head!
    Qualcomm is beginning to dominate the chip industry with its Snapdragon due to its 5G efficiency and if you listen to its CEO and the head of tech development, Qualcomm is moving fast into AI, initially cloud based and recently moving to the edge.
    Qualcomm customizes its Snapdragon chips to their customers and will be in >60% of mobile phones and a majority of EV's which we know includes Mercedes...plus billions of other devices.
    Now we know that Qualcomm has not developed its own Edge AI platform but it has produced its AIMET platform to integrate whatever Edge AI platform it uses on Snapdragon to the device of its customers for machine learning and inference i.e, AI. This AIMET platform is similar to Edge Impulse's platform but Edge Impulse platform is more flexible and can be used with any chip. The AIMET platform is specific only to Snapdragon chips so if its gone out of its way to develop AIMET then it has to have selected an "external" Edge AI intellectual property platform for the Snapdragon chip.
    What intrigues me is that no one is asking, besides Brainchip's Edge AI IP, what other Edge AI platform is available as an IP to be available for Snapdragon? All of Brainchip's competitors (as presented by our friend Shareman) come as a full Edge AI chip, not as an IP. A full Edge AI chip is useless to Snapdragon!
    Intel for instance, has an equivalent AIMET platform because it has been developing Loihi. However, Intel surprised everyone when it announced that it allows its customers to integrate Brainchip's Edge AI IP into an Intel chip to allow AI functionality on their devices, as an alternative to Loihi.
    The question I ask is why Intel had to suddenly do this when it has already spent billions on Liohi throughout the years? Intel will have an extensive investigative team to find out what its competitors are up to so it must have discovered something to open its doors to Brainchip IMO.
    Samsung also has developed its own Edge AI platform for its custom chips. Apple is also developing its own chip with Edge AI platform but whether this platform is its own or another company's IP is unknown...I think the latter, so Apple's position could be like Qualcomm's position where it requires someone else's Edge AI IP...I wonder who's sneaky.png
    Hopefully someone can enlighten me with another Edge AI IP that can be integrated with the chips of these big chip companies, besides Brainchip's Akida rolleyes.png
    These are all my opinion and thoughts so please DYOR.
    Good luck to my fellow long term holders.
    Last edited by gwood888: 31/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $342.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $737.6K 4.203M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
69 1587304 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 213251 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.