BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Yes I have to admit it is out there stuff and I am perplexed...

1. 77 Posts.
    Yes I have to admit it is out there stuff and I am perplexed too. It seems the ace card with Brainchip is that it does not require software to run it, it is standalone. Current software driven "brains" are no where fast enough to simulate the inner working of a brain. Peter talks of the chip building "libraries" as it goes, so the more libraries it builds the more it can learn. He talked about a small demonstration chip that learned to recognise sounds...so essentially all you would need to do is give it the basic information to tell it to interpret people's voices without having to actually write a program? At the end of the day the fastest computer in the world is awesome at crunching vast amount of data but is still as dumb as the armchair I sit on. Brainchip is still an electronic device so it must use algorithms to operate...perhaps the algorithms it starts with actually refine themselves as it learns?

Yes a speculative punt but Peter and his team have been working on this since 2003 and it can't be a cheap exercise getting the prototypes built. In other words, they don't sound like fly-by-nighters with a magic tonic to flog off to starry eyed investors. Yes there is obviously lots more research in the pipeline but with (almost) funds in place they can really accelerate the program along. Very interesting stuff!

Anyone else intrigued by this whole thing but has no f*cking idea how this tech works or how it significantly advances on other options currently out there/being developed?

Without going back to uni and taking an advanced computer engineering degree I feel like it's impossible for mostt off us on here to conduct the old "due diligence on thee tech itself. Even then it sounds like its beyond most in the tech worlds expertise.

My DD instead consisted of researching Peter and potential applications of the chip. If this manages to live up to the hype then we are in for one hell of a ride.

Big IF and this is definitely a speculative punt, but one with the biggest potential upside I think we've had on the SX in a long long time, if ever. I for one am looking forward to the journey.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $380.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $656.1K 3.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 364081 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 1348618 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.