BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

BrainChip's Akida Development Environment Now Freely Available for Use, page-21

1. 1,714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3765
    The Akida development environment is a fully simulated Akida device that runs in software. It has all the learning rules, it has all the neuro fabric, but running software.

Over a year and a half later and BrainChip still haven't been able to generate revenue off of the Akida Development Environment? Such a shame! Mind you, it's not surprising though, considering every let down that's happen to date.

I left a few quotes concerning what seems to be the complete failure that is/was BrainChip Studio. I think it's important to reinforce that it's quite possible for someone from the company to be able to claim something "will" (to me, this implies 100% certainty) happen, only for shareholders to later find that it never eventuates. Did they get it wrong? Did they really have no idea what was going on? Or did they potentially talk the product up until the very end?

BrainChip Unveils the Akida™ Development Environment (24 July 2018)
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180725/pdf/43wrd193pvlmhs.pdf
    "The Akida Development Environment is currently available on an early-access program to approved customers."

BrainChip Unveils the Akida™ Development Environment (24 July 2018)
    https://www.brainchipinc.com/news-media/press-releases/detail/61/brainchip-unveils-the-akida-development-environment
    "The Akida Development Environment is currently available on an early-access program to approved customers."

BrainChip Year-End Update 2018 (January 11, 2019)
    https://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/archives/finance_news_network211744.html

"I was disappointed as anybody about the lack of revenue in 2018. I think we just did not understand the sale cycle, the trials are there, the design ones are there. Eventually that will turn into revenue. We just really, we really missed it on the sales cycle and the process for law enforcement and homeland security or national security."

"17 design wins is quite healthy for BrainChip Studio, it really is the flagship product that we're selling right now as many have commented in their questions. That revenue will carry us until we get Akida out in the marketplace and we start to generate revenue off of our own silicon."

"I'm going to talk a little bit about how Akida as a software solution could potentially actually generate revenue for us even before the IC comes out. Let's put that aside for a second. In a data centre arena, you've got big data which is, you know, financial technology, agricultural technology, manufacturing technology. You've got cyber security for infrastructure and small business. With what we've got out of the three university cyber security which is a native SNM. It's not a standard SNM conversion. What we're excited about is the data to smart converter is proven to take cyber security data and turn it into spikes. Then process those spikes with high accuracy. That could be an opportunity for us to do something like a GPI solution where we take our software, we put a wrapper around it and we pick a customer or two that really are on the leading edge or dominant players in the cyber security mark and partner with them. I'll touch on that again."

"I talked about us taking the Praxis University IP, productising it within the Akida development environment."

BrainChip December 2018 Quarter Update Presentation (February 01, 2019)
    https://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/archives/finance_news_network221917.html

"But well, as I've said, disappointing with respect to cash receipts, 26 active or pending trials, new trials being initiated on a regular basis gives us significant confidence that BrainChip Studio and the Accelerator, the accelerator card, I'll touch on one particular opportunity in a few minutes. It's a very good product and the latency or the time to revenue is a bit more exaggerated than we expected, but there's nothing that implies that we're losing in these trials. In fact, most of these trials are turning out to be quite successful."

"The Akida development environment is, as we've talked about before, it's a fully simulated Akida device that runs in software. It has all the learning rules, it has all the neuro fabric, but running software."

"But that intellectual property sale would carry an immediate licence and an ongoing royalty. This again is one of those areas where long before we get the chip out, we could be generating revenue on the Akida intellectual property. With the Akida development environment, we may have an opportunity to take the development environment, put a wrapper around it for specific use cases, whether it's cybersecurity or whether it's, you know, something in the IOT space, but be able to generate revenue off of the development environment as a custom solution for a very specific use case, or intellectual property for integration into a larger SOC. These are important transactions, again, because they could generate revenue from Akida in advance of actually releasing the neuromorphic system on a chip."
    Last edited by glutenfree: 13/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4545 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 125000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.26pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.