BRN 3.17% 30.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

" I prefer not to indulge in dialogue with wishful thinkers, it...

1. 444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 349
    " I prefer not to indulge in dialogue with wishful thinkers, it is generally an exercise in futility. I did a MSc in Ai but i don't pretend to be au fait with the lastest nuances in SNNs though i can tell you that was passes for research on this thread is generally risible, with hype being routinely mistaken for fact. SNNs in their current form are not well regarded by a lot of people in the industry. Yann Le Cun, Facebook's head of AI, and a formidable opinion leader, was expresssing his contempt for them just the other day "
    " Here is a link about the SNN CNN debate that is written by someone who actually does know what they are talking about, you can see - if your blinkers permit it "

Hi managarm ditto , here is a link about SNN CNN that is written by someone who actually works for a company (Intel) that actually makes Chips and has a SNN chip called Lohi . https://www.zdnet.com/article/intels-neuro-guru-slams-deep-learning-its-not-actually-learning/

Intel's director of its neuromorphic computing initiative, Mike Davies, chided Facebook's Yann LeCun at an industry conference for failing to appreciate the virtues of the Intel technology. He derided the deep learning approach of LeCun and others as failing to truly add up to "learning."
    "It's so ironic," said Davies. "Yann bashed spikes but then he said we need to deal with sparsity in hardware, and that is what spikes are about."

The Facebook AI researcher during his talk Monday morning had critiqued spiking neuron work broadly, saying that the technology had not yielded algorithms that could produce practical results. "Yann said, Why build chips for algorithms that don't work; I think these algorithms do work," said Davies. Still, he conceded that there was at least an element of truth to LeCun's criticism. While the hardware of spiking neurons "is well adequate and provides a lot of tools to map interesting algorithms," said Davies, his department has a "goal to make progress on the algorithmic front, which is what is holding back the field."

Managarm hmm I see that Yann LeCun criticism of SNN is focused on the algorithms , do you think some people are under estimating the importance of BRNs JAST algorithm ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.5¢
Change
-0.010(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $563.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.0¢ 31.5¢ 30.3¢ $1.138M 3.716M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 158536 30.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.0¢ 271818 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
30.8¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 1.25 %)
Open High Low Volume
31.5¢ 31.5¢ 30.3¢ 2309338
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.