WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Brainstorming Idea?

1. 189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    Hi All

I think its pretty clear there is a  number of people on here who have an amazing level of insight about the market in general and the environment and economy in which OBJ operates. (I absolutely do NOT include myself in that group). When combined, I would go so far as to say the collective ability for insight, assessment and response of community concerns is far greater than what is achievable from any board, including OBJ's.

I think this could be a very powerful tool if harnessed correctly, even assisting to improve performance of the company.

How? well- I suggest a high-level "Sophisticated" (if that's the wright word for it) "brainstorming" thread. It would be a consolidation of the key areas of improvement, into a centralized thread, just like JasetheAce40's outstanding thread "Questions for 5 April Investor Call". Its contents would then allow creation of a kind of "Top 10 OBJ report card" that could be directly sent to the board, supply key details that they can consider acting on, and even potentially address in the quarterly report - I suggest quarterly, to allow the board to consider it for updates. (April 30th being the next one). It would provide the board with specific market commentary regarding OUR(community) areas of concern, as well as OUR(community) own recommended solutions -. A.K.A - Our problem statement(s), and our suggested solution(s) for them.

Now I also fully recognise - that if your like me - right now your thinking .."?? smh ..... facepalm" or "that's the boards job, not ours!" or "That's not something you do for free, who's going to pay me for it?".But the thing is, we are already doing just this - and 10 fold over any board in the country, its just fragmented and overloaded by emotions, making much of it either lost, misinterpreted, or left "come and gone" in the ocean of commentary. The Q's and A's for this are out there already, its just a nightmare for a board to see it collectively.

The general idea is for the community to bridge the gap between US(the community) and them(OBJ) by supplying constructive and consolidated feedback directly to the board(in a professional and rational way), which the company can actually recognise and respond to one way or another. This would allow the board to:
    - See any key areas of concerns that might exist - as WE(Community) see it,
    - Understand those key areas,
    - Recognize the solutions that WE(Community) would like to see implemented,
    - Assess if the solution is achievable, or if an alternate exists, or is not achievable at all and
    - Implement a solution if possible, and or provide explanatory notes as to why community concerns and solutions are founded/unfounded/misunderstood or impractical.

The positive implications of this are obvious.

So as a first example -  a simplistic brainstorming point could be:
    Point 1: Communications:
    Problem Statement: (What we see as wrong)
    The community feels a the company is not communicating (in general), in its most effective capacity.
    Suggested Solution. (What we would like to see)
    To resolve this, the community suggests that the board considers the following recommendations:
    - Supply more open and regular ongoing "on demand" commentary - Specifically:
    -- Setup an ongoing quarterly Q&A conference call for holders and serious investors.
    -- Provide a quarterly newsletter that is external to ASX announcements, preventing the inept ASX filtering as seen in past announcements.
    -- Setup and provide an active online communication presence such as Twitter, Facebook or other selected mechanism.
    -- Appoint company rep's and a spokesperson (or enable Matt from NWR) to directly utilize that mechanism to provide regular updates on ongoing projects, and or simply respond accordingly when the market demonstrates a urgent need for commentary or clarification.
    - Rebuild the OBJ company website to meet current web standards and user experience design theory, across all platforms. Further integrate it with the suggested "active online communication presence such as Twitter, Facebook or other selected mechanism". This would significantly improve first impression's and communications to new investors, as well as present information in a more credible, clear, concise and more readily reachable way.

Another simplistic example:
    One of the biggest points right now is revenue, it a discussion that's everywhere. Clearly its on a lot of peoples minds as there is a ridiculous amount of threads covering the growth of the company.
    Point 2: Revenue:
    Problem Statement: (What we see as wrong)
    The investment community feels that details of OBJ's growing revenue requires further clarification.
    Suggested Solution. (What we would like to see)
    To resolve this, the community suggests that the board considers the following recommendations:
    - Supply more regular ongoing commentary on revenue - Specifically:
    -- Provide more detail of current and future revenue, separated by streams, channels, etc.
    -- If this is not achievable, then
    --- Provide explanatory details on the challenges faced with doing so, and/or what (if anything) the board can achieve to resolve this, and/or
    --- Provide commentary on a broad general outlook of the company's current and expected revenue.
    --- Provide commentary on the company's goals for current and expected revenue.

Now of course if this whole idea to everyone is just stoooopid, then I'll go away and sit in a nice quiet corner with the corresponding 'murican - and you can ignore this whole thing.

But if I'm right, and the idea appeals to many, then the next question is getting it going. I don't particularly want to be the central co-coordinator/oversight for the thread, particularly because I've moved out of Australia in recent years and now work in the opposite timezone, but I accept its my suggestion, that its probable no one else wants to do it either, so I'll take in on if no one else wants to. If anyone feels they have a strong connection already with the board, and would prefer to be the control and communication point, by all means hijack the idea, no questions asked.

Lastly, the whole point is to consolidate viewpoints here, so shooting down my suggested points 1 and 2 is what I'm hoping for - instead to create a community driven, constructive, "problem -> solution" report for the board to work with, my viewpoint alone is worthless to the board, its our collective approach that will help the company grow further.

Input anyone? - Or should i just go ahead and create a new thread for it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.