TFL 0.00% 1.3¢ tasfoods limited

Brand Tasmania, page-44

1. 666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    No problem.

I also thought this was a good summary, which I came across while reading up on the new code of conduct;

"Milk pricing is complex. While shoppers buy milk in litres, most farmers are paid in kilograms of milk solids. They do so because this measurement takes into account the proportion of protein and fat in their milk.

Where a farmer lives determines how much they will get paid, with processors offering different prices for farmers in the north and south of the country.

The further north you travel in Australia, the more likely that farmers are producing milk that will end up being sold fresh in bottles, to end up on someone's breakfast cereal, or in their cup of tea."

"But the majority of Australia's dairy farmers are not in that category. Instead, they are concentrated across the powerhouse dairy regions of Victoria and Tasmania, as well as southern NSW and south-east SA, where most of their milk is processed.

Instead of being sold in a liquid form, it is turned into cheese and milk powders for export, and as a result, the global dairy market is the biggest driver of the price those farmers are paid."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-01-27/understanding-the-dairy-crisis/8184510

Plenty of water has gone under the bridge since this was written in 2017, but broadly speaking, reminds of of the debate around shipping bulk, raw materials versus value added products (iron ore vs cars, as a crude example) in other primary sector industries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.