TFL 0.00% 1.5¢ tasfoods limited

Brand Tasmania, page-51

1. 665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Good to read your posts from the last few years. You made a few spot on calls!

This is from the ABC article I posted above...

"So does it matter what milk I purchase?

Yes, to an extent.

In the years of dollar a litre milk, the value of the Australian milk market has grown.

The biggest growth has been in the so-called branded products - the more expensive milk.

The reality is axing dollar a litre milk would have done little to prevent Australian farmers from battling a sudden price crisis.

That said, the industry hates discounted milk because of the message it sends. They argue it devalues their product. They say as costs have increased, the price of this milk hasn't.

Dairy Australia says sales of branded milk puts more money into the supply chain. And as more money goes into the supply chain it allows processors to pay farmers more for their milk in the long-term.

There is also an argument that suggests buying branded milk will send a message to the major supermarkets about their decision to offer cheap milk.

However, even after all of last year's campaigns against cheap milk, the supermarkets are showing few signs they are willing to ditch the product any time soon."

There are just so many variables to consider; retaining a labour force capable of doing the actual farming, legislation, intellectual property, access to markets, balancing export potential with keeping local markets stable...

Tassie & TFL really are spoilt for choice. Interesting times!

All the best to the longtermers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TFL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.556M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.5¢ $5.565K 370.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 237 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 250000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.48pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TFL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.