APX 4.08% 47.0¢ appen limited

My simple investment thesis on APX:1. Moat - Not an expert on...

1. 68 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    My simple investment thesis on APX:

1. Moat - Not an expert on this, but the way I see it is like this - In the heyday of A2M and APT, did similar businesses pop up and get listed on the ASX to grab a share of the booming market? Yes, WHA, BUB and a few other smaller ones came to mind for baby formula and heaps of BNPL got listed following APT and Z1P's success. But as far as I understand, this wasn't the case for APX as it would be hard to replicate what they do.

2. Low debt high cash position - this allows APX to invest in growth and be flexible to adapt with changes in the market. And less of a chance to go belly up

3. Are they in an area with tremendous growth opportunity? Yes, AI.

4. Is the valuation too demanding for a good risk/reward? I think $11 to $13 provide a good entry point without taking on too much downside risk, considering the P/E.

5. Are they still growing earnings and revenue? Yes

6 Pay dividends? - Yes, albeit not that much but still better than a lot of savings accounts these days.

Conclusion - IMO worth a punt and hoping for a turnaround story considering they have recently announced a restructuring of their offerings and have confirmed guidance. The bad news have already been priced in during the down turn.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
-0.020(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $104.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 49.5¢ 47.0¢ $1.169M 2.448M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 119772 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 2110 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.