APX 8.60% 50.5¢ appen limited

brave souls rewarded today, page-235

1. 454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    I would question anyone who calls Appen a "Labour hire firm". Perhpas they do not know what a Labour hire firm really means. A labour hire firm is one that provides bodies for delivery of customer work. In essence a labour hire firm does not have it's own product rather they provide a bunch of individuals to a customer who has it's own product/offerings. What this author has done by calling Appen a labour hire firm is that they have put Appen in the same caterogy as Greenlight IT. This makes me beleive that the Author has done no research and has no knowledge of what Appen does.

Appen has a clear set of services that they provide to thier customers. It is the very nature of IT industry where companies hire and fire resources as they move from one project to another. DXC, NEC, Accenture, you name it, and they all do it. What may be different is the duration each company's projects run for, however in the Author's view at arichlife, all of these will be labour hire firms.

What Appen is, you may ask? I have not written these but have picked these up from multiple resources that know what the industry is all about -

1. Leading global provider of high-quality language data and services to major technology companies and government agencies.
    https://finance.nine.com.au/business-news/appen-result-in-line-with-guidance/7e08a24b-f489-46f6-b41f-573333b52fbe

2. Appen’s core operations are in the provision of what is referred to as ‘labelled datasets’ for companies developing AI and machine learning algorithms.
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/the-investment-case-for-appen-continues-to-stack-up

3. Appen Limited (ASX:APX), the leading provider of high-quality training data for organizations that build effective AI systems at scale, is enabling organizations to launch, update and operate unbiased AI models through a range of projects and partnerships
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210429005112/en/Appen-Leads-Industry-in-Creating-AI-That-Works-for-Everyone

I am struggling to find any write ups where there is a mention of Appen providing resources to a customer. What I do know is Appen has a set of core offerings that are still in demand. The current covid/post covid impact has meant that the demand has slowed, which Appen has attributed to customer's investing in other priorities. These customers may have had thier own challenges due to covid which may have been the catalyst for change in priorities.

As I have said before, this is a long term stock and the next couple of reports will provide a better insight into where the company is leading. On the available metrics, I still think that this is a great company with plenty of growth to come.

DYOR!!!

Last edited by Navb: 11/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.