APX 8.60% 50.5¢ appen limited

brave souls rewarded today, page-48

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    1) I've explained some of the reasons for not investing $10k in APX at IPO in the thread above. In the short-term not investing in APX may be viewed as missing out, however the paths I chose to take will be more fruitful in my opinion.

2) Yes, the IPO helped the company grow rapidly. It also created a large number of competitors at the same time, some of whom have the potential to completely disrupt the industry. I'm not suggesting that data annotation won't exist as a service, I'm just stating some of the challenges that these companies face if they want to remain relevant.

3) I believe that institutional funds could see the profitability of the company in the short-term, 1-5 years. However, to understand the longer term challenges they need to understand the actual product offering with some depth, not just how well run the business is and the forecasts.

4) Of course there is some part of me that thinks - "what if I put $10k on APX?". There's a similar part that thinks "what if I put $1k on BTC in 2010?". I had these options, I didn't take them. However I had the personality type that took these type of risks I'd be a very different person to who I am today. I've had 2 main down-ramps to get into cryptocurrency, I view this as a much more profitable investment option. However, it's also much higher risk than investing in an industry that I know well. I will invest in APX, but I'm waiting until it's sub-$10.

5) A big part of what you're saying here is that Appen's customer's products (the AI & ML models) are changing. If you understand the fundamentals of what Appen do, you can get a greater sense of what this means for them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.5¢
Change
0.040(8.60%)
Mkt cap ! $112.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 52.0¢ 46.5¢ $1.718M 3.470M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 112734 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 4880 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.