APX 0.99% $2.05 appen limited

brave souls rewarded today, page-94

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I haven't gone around in circles at all.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of data, AI & ML, BigData, crowdsourced data-annotation, etc. I suggested another avenue to understand these topics, such as YouTube, as it can explain through visualisation.

I've never stated that any of these fields are going away. I've said that these areas are continuously changing.

Let's revisit the example of the production line, as it's relevant to automation and workforce. The industrial revolution didn't result in the customers producing items from not existing. It changed the type of products that they were able to produce. This meant that the people building the products changed, with a mix of technology and human assistance.

If we think about this in terms of data-annotation, the overall process of data-annotation isn't going away. The customers who produce AI & ML algorithms aren't going away either. However, there is a risk of disruption in this space. There always has been.

When we build something, we always look at ways to take existing knowledge and transfer it across. Why rebuild everything from scratch? There process comes under a range of different topics, one of the latest is 'transfer learning'. However the underlying principle is not something new.

The fear of AI somehow reaching a point where it can teach itself is incredibly far away. There are many authors much more articulate than I who are discussed this.

To recap, I've never stated that the environment that Appen exist in is going away. I'm just saying that the specific area they are in is undergoing change. How they adapt to that change is going to determine their true success over the next 10 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.