AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

brazil tenements adjoin vale iron ore mine

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    Chairman has just purchased an additional $296,000 worth of stock.
    -----------

$10m market cap - $5m cash

.....likely first year 2011 copper revenue A$20m - on 2,500 t of production (10,000 t @ 25% surface copper).

Profit would be $12m given their accumulated tax losses.

Company is now seeking funding (maybe that means a partner-my words) to drill their iron ore property.

Subject header may strike a note with previous investors in aussie iron ore mid caps....United Minerls (UMC) - and Brockman Resources (BRM). Both iron ore companies saw their share price increase up to 10 times....by starting out with tenements adjoining RIO and BHP mines in the Pilbara.

Always an issue however, was how they would transport any iron ore production to coastal ports. Generally though investors did very well out of these two stocks.

From the end of next year, AVB may have the option of shipping 20,000 ton barges of iron, to coastal port via the Tocantis River. See story:

http://www.odebrecht.com/en/press-room/news?id=5731

08.02.2010 Tucuru lock assembly to be completed in march

The locks for the Tucuru Lock Project in Par, coordinated by the Industrial Engineering Business currently being assembled and scheduled for completion in March of this year surprise with their size and weight: they are nearly twice as large and heavier than those used in the Panama Canal on Gatn Lake on the Pacific Ocean side, and will be the largest in the world in terms of super elevation.

----

When it begins operating, the project will contribute to the economic development of the states of Par, Tocantins and Gois, making it possible to transport different types of cargo (ore and grain) on the river at lower costs when compared to the road and rail transport currently used, explained Fernando Barini, Contract Director.

The Tucuru Locks were constructed to overpass the super elevation of 70 m generated by the construction of the Tucuru Hydroelectric Power Plant dam, allowing for navigation from Belm to Marab.

No value has been placed on the companies iron ore leases....now given a transport option, what do we know so far about Trindale North (besides its proximity to a Vale mine).

NOTE: UMC was taken over for $230m by BHP and BRM is capped at $350 m.

-------------

From their announcement of 13 May 2020...

"The Trindade North Project is located only kilometers from Vales? World class Carajas Iron Ore Mine. Avanco considers the Trindade North Property highly prospective for the discovery of high grade Carajas style iron ore deposits and is also assessing funding options for this project."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.