The Brazilian defence was so poor and the warning signs were...

1. 937 Posts.
    The Brazilian defence was so poor and the warning signs were there in the early stages, eg, against Chile who played with skill and heart. 'Fred ' was not really seen throughout the early games and I can't believe that in a soccer mad country of 200 million people that he is the best striker they have to offer. Looked lazy and disinterested to me.

Spoken this morning to relatives in Brasil, still numb and can't believe it. Over here I don't think I could make a comparison from an Australian sporting comparison as to how much humiliation this has created.

Brasil's pride (rightly or wrongly) is vested in their national side and there are millions of poor people living in terrible conditions that only see light through their national team. I hope the protests and international spotlight increases the pressure on Brasil to improve conditions for the very poor.

Well done to the Germans, the did what they had to do and did it well..........Go Argentina. !!!!!.........millions in Brasil will now support their traditional Latino rival on the continent......the humiliation continues

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.