AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Brazillian real worst currency vs USD, page-10

1. 1,136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 245
    Im not too clued up on currencies so correct me if im off here.
    But its only just dawning on me that from this point on, we should really start to see some big savings,
    because most of the spend from this point will be in BRL. That is all local contractors and materials to build and put all this equipment together will be mostly bought and paid for in BRL.
    This part of the project is a large % of the total spend, so if you think in BRL terms we are getting somewhere like 30 to 40% more bang for our US buck than what we would have got say 12 months ago or even more if you go back 2 years ago which is when the deal for 58 mill was first announced with VB.

I suppose its one of the few positives with the delayed finance , the US dollar has strengthened substantially in past 2 years so the cost is much lower now than if we started construction say 12 months ago or 2 years ago.

Another positive I suppose is that some of these savings can go towards possible opportunities that might arise from other miners stressed positions, as ours as now decreased you can be sure many others have increased creating opportunites I would think, even more so than 2 years ago.

Another of the big positives in having this healthy bank account is having money to go drilling again.
    Cant wait to hear from Simon, in reporting on what he might be finding.

Im also seeing a big positive in my health, im definitely sleeping a lot better now with money in the bag, that's for sure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.