AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Brazillian real worst currency vs USD, page-11

1. 10,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6069
    Actually Piast, valued in A$ the commodities have not gone down. They have gone down in US$ terms, temporarily, but so has the A$.

Lomgwindingrd, all very true but it will take time for some to work that out. Our day in the sun will come and then people will attribute it to some event in the future when in fact it will be a product of the foresight and planning that has gone in over the past couple of years when it was tougher. No accident we are the only ASX copper company moving into mine building this year. Just like it will be no accident when stage 3 is discovered, whether next week or next year, it's been planned for and will occur.

I'll repeat this quote because it is fundamental to the AVB midterm price performance, "...According to Wood Mackenzie, an industry consultancy, between 400,000 and 900,000 tonnes of copper production will be lost every year between 2017 and 2021 due to attrition and mine closures."
    Anyone think copper prices can stay down with those underlying fundamentals? If anything, the current low prices will dictate an even bigger swing the other way. As Phil9 has been known to say, "the solution to low copper prices is low copper prices".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.