AZY 0.00% 1.1¢ antipa minerals limited

Break out looming, page-218

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    Spot on, brakedust. And thanks to AG1989 too.

You're right brakedust, about the downside of selling and then missing the pop when it comes. I would hate that. Just to clarify, I meant that I'm considering trading only new shares that I buy on dips and sell on announcements, not the ones I hold, which I'll continue holding in the belief that a long-term strategy still has merit. I think of it as hedging my bets (take the Middle Path, Grasshopper!) because I bought more than I should have for a speculative stock and selling down a bit will make me sleep better. My hope is to make enough money out of the short-term trades to recoup a good percentage of my initial investment. After that I can put my long-hold shares in the bottom drawer and not be concerned about the short-term share price.

Short-term trading is not a strategy I like or practise. But in this case, I'm going by the numbers. After doing the exercise of plotting announcements against the share price, it just seems like such a strong pattern that – if it continues in the same way – will deliver returns. I'm not confident now that future announcements will have any more of a positive effect on the share price than the recent ones have. I think of Einstein's famous dictum, that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Maybe now it's time to try something different.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $12.53K 1.091M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 5507224 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 8921418 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.