LAF lafayette mining limited

*** break out *** time , page-23

1. 827 Posts.
    re: knowledge is gold's gold WATER bore drilling at Lafayette Mining’s developing Rapu Rapu polymetallic project in the Philippines has extended the Ungay pit, where production is expected from in the next quarter.

The drilling returned intersections including 3m grading 3.6 grams per tonne gold from 152m, 8m at 1.3gpt gold from 111m and 6m at 1.5gpt gold from 126m.

Lafayette company secretary Tim Hickman told MiningNews.net it was a significant result and results expected later this month would determine exactly how much the pit has increased.

’It certainly has extended it but I wouldn’t like to put a percentage on it at the moment,’ Hickman said.

’We expected an increase in mineralisation but it was just encouraging to see we were vindicated in what we said by that water drilling.’

A 23 hole-drilling program over the northern pit area has been completed, delineating additional resource tonnage also within the existing pit boundary, Lafayette said.

The company has also been exploring the nearby Hixbar deposit which Hickman said could add another year of predominantly gold production to the project. Lafayette is targeting a resource of one million tonnes by June with country manager Rod Watt expecting grades around 1.5gpt.

Ore from Hixbar would be processed using the CIL gold plant, also treating the Ungay ore, said Hickman.

The project is on track to pour first gold from the project in the second quarter, having now made up time lost from a typhoon in December. While the oxide gold cap generates cashflow for the company, a base metal plant will developed ahead of base metal production slated for the September quarter.

Rapu Rapu is slated to have a minimum six year mine life with an annual production profile of 10,000 tonnes of copper in concentrate, 14,000t zinc in concentrate, 50,000 ounces gold and 600,000oz silver.

Construction of the mine is being undertaken by Leighton Contractors.Please do your own research

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.