1. 114 Posts.

27 May 2009
    MEDIA RELEASE

AUSSIE URANIUM JUNIOR
    COMMENCES MINING OPERATIONS

- First Australian uranium mining company to receive mining permit in USA
    - First new uranium mine permitted in Utah in 30 years
    - One of few global uranium miners to move into production in 2009
    In what is believed to be a “world first,” Australian uranium junior White Canyon Uranium (ASX: WCU) has been granted final approvals to mine their uranium deposits at its 100% owned Daneros Mine in Utah, USA.

Final mining approvals were granted by the Bureau of Land Management and the State of Utah today, 27 May 2009, just 15 months after the company’s IPO and its listing on the Australian Stock Exchange in March 2008.

According to Managing Director John Hasleby, “This is a tribute to the dedication and persistence of our US-based support team, led by Utah based director Kelly Shumway and our Operations Manager, Mike Shumway.” “It is the first new uranium mine permitted in Utah in 30 years.”

Mining Operations Commence

Site preparations will commence immediately, with construction of surface facilities and placement of the mine’s decline portals. Mine development will continue over the next 100 days, in preparation for ore shipping from September 2009.

White Canyon is currently in negotiation with Denison Mines Corp (TSX: DML; AMEX: DNN) regarding treatment of ore at Denison’s White Mesa Uranium Mill at Blanding, 100 kilometres from the Daneros Mine.

For further information, please contact:

John Hasleby, Managing Director
    E [email protected]
    US Cell +1 435 220 0720
    M 0409 094 383 Richard Sciano, Director
    E [email protected]
    M +61 416 096 148

White Canyon Uranium Limited
    ACN 115 453 962
    181 Roberts Road, Subiaco, Western Australia
    (PO Box 616, West Perth WA 6872)
    Phone: 08 9381 9192 Fax: 08 9381 9525
    Email: [email protected]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.