I always found Claremont a safe and vibrant suburb to visit. But...

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7

Did I state that the Claremont killings were the worst in Australia?

No, but they weren't very pleasant were they, for the victims that is?
    Yes I agree, up to a point, as Ivan Milat was certainly no saint. Nor was the vicious Claremont killer:

'The Claremont serial killings is the name given by the media to a case involving the disappearance of an Australian woman, aged 18, and the killings of two others, aged 23 and 27, in 1996–1997. After attending night spots in Claremont, a wealthy western suburb of Perth, Western Australia, all three women disappeared in similar circumstances leading police to suspect that an unidentified serial killer was the offender. The case was described as the state's biggest, longest running, and most expensive investigation.[1][2]In 2016, a suspect, Bradley Robert Edwards, was arrested.

He was held on remand and his trial began in November 2019[3][4] and ended on 25 June 2020 after seven months of hearings and evidence from more than 200 witnesses.[5] On 24 September 2020, he was found guilty of the murders of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon, and not guilty of the murder of Sarah Spiers, whose remains have yet to be located.[6][7] On 23 December 2020, he was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 40 years.[8]

And, some years ago (before the Claremont killings), I found Claremont an engaging place to visit:.

'Welcome to Town of Claremont, the local government authority for the beautiful, leafy, riverside suburbs of Claremont and Swanbourne, 9kms from Perth's city centre.

Established in 1898, the Town of Claremont is the hub of the western suburbs of Perth. Comprising a large shopping centre and surrounding streets of boutiques, restaurants and cafes with the convenience of easy access public transport and a pedestrian friendly high street, Claremont is a popular destination for shopping and leisure.

Covering an area of 4.9km2, the tree lined streets of the suburbs of Claremont and parts of Swanbourne are home to around 10,000 residents and is forecast to grow to 14, 408 by 2036.'

I always found Claremont a safe and vibrant suburb to visit.

But it was a long time ago

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.