GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Breaking: US Employment situation: NFP Report for Jan 2016, page-61

1. 33,110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1402
    Yes, I'm quite happy to oblige with your request for the US$800 gold timeframe, not AUD gold as required by aussie goldbugs who seem to think that gold is quoted internationally in AUD, which it obviously isn't.

Following the 1981 crash gold took many years to hit the skids, 18 actually, it dropped by 70%. So if history's any guide, which I believe it to be, gold should hit rock bottom around 2028.

Gold staged some impressive rallies in the meantime but the result was always the same, I'll post this chart so you get a gist of how it went for the 1980 goldbugs. Not very well.

It was worse for the 1980 punters than the present ones, it hit the current equivalent of $800 after 2 years and staged an impressive recovery when the suckers breathed a sigh of relief and thought the drama was over because the world economic system was collapsing, I remember it clearly. Years of post-flight drinks haven't given me dementia - yet.

It bounced off what would be the current $800 (down about 60%) level for about 12 years. My guess is that it could fluctuate around current levels for several years yet, I'm expecting sub-$1,000 this year sometime, but by 2018 it could fulfil your request.

monthly_dollar.gif
    Last edited by Skol: 06/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.