PDN 1.21% $13.01 paladin energy ltd

re: overbought now could fall mightybull,Just wondering on what...

1. 42 Posts.
    re: overbought now could fall mightybull,
    Just wondering on what basis you suggest a shareprice of $1.70 to $1.90? Is this simply a technical call or do you include a qualitative assessment of how the market views the stock?

I don't see this simply as a matter of fundamentals versus technicals, because I think you need to allow for the fact that the market is hot on uranium, and PDN is particularly well-placed to benefit from that effect - because of the stage that its at with various projects, the quality of those projects vis-a-vis other projects in various regions, location of various projects, etc etc.

I guess if you take the technical route you could say that everything is reflected in the share price anyway.

But I think the more emotive factors (basically, the current enthusiasm for uranium) makes it particularly difficult to assess uranium stocks on either fundamental or technical grounds.

Or do you think that those who invest on emotion are really the small end of the market and more likely to affect the share price of speculative explorers rather than established players like PDN?

Your thoughts appreciated.

------------------------------

Thanks to Westsurf and Nightstalker re my query on SA tenements.

I agree that theres a lot of more speculative stuff going on that Paladin don't need to be part of at present. It seems that every man and his dog with a geiger counter and a pick are setting up as uranium explorers lately - and some are doing well just on the mention of the word. But the more you look at it, SA seems to have good geological potential and more positive government too.

Besides PDN, I hold SMM, CMR and ARU - none of which are solely uranium plays. So combined these offer uranium potential in WA, Qld and NT - not SA, apart from PDN's interest in DYL.

Will be interesting to see how the uranium story develops in Australia over coming months and years. At this stage, I think its well worth taking a critical approach to the various projects on offer and spreading your options.

cheers, Hal

I'd really like to encourage the good critical discussion that occurs here. Pity there's so much space taken up by rampers and those responding to them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.01
Change
-0.160(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $3.889B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.10 $13.15 $12.94 $22.67M 1.736M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2527 $13.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.02 2319 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.