SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Breakout at 1.3c on Vol upTrend coming ??, page-739

1. 4,183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 219
    @PennyP @wombat53 @Ophir @snakepitt @speculator101 @rise from the ashes @AverageJoe

In a vain attempt to understand your knock out trade from last week in PSF, I’ve gone back to review, and have come to the following understanding…

Pre-movement stage
    From 1st Jan to 4th Mar there was little to be excited about from what I see.
    The share price had only increased by about 33% in a time period where gold majors increased more than that, so it was a non-performer share price wise
    Volume averaged about 3.9 million per day. No major ups or downs and taken on its own, nothing really special there other than a few odd days which might be attributed to insider buying (this we will never know).

Go time

7th Mar 9:56 am sees a Trading Halt hit

8th Mar 9:45 am sees the following announcement “Accelerated Revenue Results In Reduced Capital Requirement (PDF)”.
    This announcement was super positive containing phrases like “significantly beyond initial expectations” and “As a result, the previously proposed capital raising requirement of A$7,000,000 has been cancelled”.

The 8th Mar daily volume jumped from 2016 daily average of 3.9 million (1st Jan to 4th Mar) to be 56 million. Volume continued to be much higher seeing the daily average from 1st Jan to 22nd Mar reaching 22 million.
    By the end of day on the 8th Mar, the share price Opened/Closed/Daily Low at 0.014 and had a Daily High of 0.016… So the share price didn’t move at all.

The probability/gamble
    So if I read this Company Announcement right after the Trading Holt on the 8th Mar, which had language that even a goof like me could understand, I would be sitting there thinking why this stock hadn’t moved from about 10:00 am to about 3:00 pm.
    I would then take $100k and buy PSF before the close at 0.014.

On the 15th and 21st Mar this stock reached over 0.400 where I sell, in turn crystalising a 100% gain in 6 days.

Conclusion
    Start watching for Trading Halts and reading the news after the fact to see if this is reflected in the share price!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.