PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

Cheers snout, rice, rastus.Although physical gold may not seem...

1. 235 Posts.
    Cheers snout, rice, rastus.

Although physical gold may not seem that exciting at the moment when there are so many ways to leverage, for me, it is designed as a wealth preservation tool rather than wealth accumulation one.

Two very possible scenarios are present in the market at the moment, the first being that is an implosion of paper instruments leading to a subsequent puking up of paper assets and secondly as a consequence of that I simply do not trust many brokerages to remain solvent if a dramatic correction occurred. The last thing I want is my free cash and nominee account equities seized up in an administration/solvency proceedings. I am sure the majority will laugh it off but I suggest you check the small print of the brokerage you deal with and consider the possibility of what would happen if they went pop through toxic leverage, I have. As far as I am concerned a large proportion of my portfolio will sit in physical and a far smaller proportion will sit in potential 'certificates in hand' 10/20 baggers and be transferred to physical once they come to fruition. In that respect even if the economy 1929's I'm covered but if it doesn't and pm stocks scream higher I am covered also. That's the theory anyway, perhaps after twenty three years of dealing in small caps I'm just happy to make a bit, put it in something tangible and move on. Don't get me wrong I love the paper game for leverage but I see it for what it is.

Get ye some imho.

My latest addition is TSXV:BTP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.