AWJ 9.38% 17.5¢ auric mining limited

Hi Wack,I am no gold buff although a good percentage of my...

1. 2,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    Hi Wack,
    I am no gold buff although a good percentage of my Aussie portfolio is related to predominantly gold and other mining.
    I remember the Multi-Billionaire Hunt brothers trying to corner the silver market -drove it to around $30 and its subsequent price collapse and their bankruptcy.
    Also the Saudi's pre Opec only wanting to swop US dollars Govt to Govt at the then $30US gold backing when you could still collect sovereigns as a hobby.Gold was around $135? on the open market at the time.Not sure but the talk of oil at $100 a barrel back then also from $3 it was worth.
    Even Had an aquaintance swop over 200 sovereigns for a stamp collection in the early 70's.

I haven't seen it all but the pendulum always swings backwards and forwards and the higher it goes the sharper it swings back the other way.
    All the hype about lithium when even just an avid reader can see the new battery technologies coming to market (not lab samples) will leave lithium behind.
    Lithium batteries demand killed Nickel as in Ni-cad batteries but not NiMH batteries used by Toyota who still use them in their hybrids because they have numerous advantages over lithium with the exception of energy density.
    Long life being one of them my 24yr old hack car is a 2000 Prius with 34 of its 36 cell battery pack 24yrs old and still giving the same great fuel economy with next to NO capacity degradation,unlike lithium which degrades from the day of manufacture whether used or not and now well over 300k on the clock. 20km + to the litre still/

The gold price over the last week is a consequence of increased insecurity and TRUMP winning nomination.
    Sovereign entities by all accounts have been buying gold and liquidating as much foreign cash reserves as possible over the last 2yrs.
    If you hold US$ or Euro"s and you get sanctioned and that gets frozen it becomes worthless to you as Russia has found out.
    China has similar worries of course but still has to pay for what it needs.
    I would look deeper into things.
    Just saying the US has a debt problem and has 8100 tons of gold or 8100x32000 = 259,200,000 ounces of gold and could wipe out its debt in one foul swoop making gold worthless and leave those trying to destroy its currency with diminished valued assets to spend.
    Britain in WW2 before lend lease raided all the safe deposit boxes in the UK and sent all gold and jewellery and bearer bonds to the bank of Canada to be cashed in to pay for arms.
    Russian arms are predominantly useless and the biggest alternate supplier the US is raking it in and now has the cheapest global energy costs by far.
    Is Aussie IO dead when there just aren't enough spare boats to allow for travelling the extra distance to Africa to collect similar tons of ore from the fancy new mine there?
    Wikipedia used to have the story on the Valemax ships and how the Chinese tried to screw Vale and how Vale socked it to them after being forced to sell half their fleet to Chinese interests.Did BIG Australian IO miners a great favour.

I am a holder of AWJ for the negligible downside associated with being a shareholder.
    Its market value is whatever the market says it is on the day.It's true value is what it is to you or me. I too will be around a while.
    All that's needed for the share price to rise is simply a ASX statement ore is being loaded on the first truck to the mill for stockpiling,which I would expect rather soon.
    Or updates on remainder of the infill drilling results expected soon.
    Or what assays say those 7 stray drill holes found 1km from the planned Munda pit.

A great year ahead

Regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AWJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.015(9.38%)
Mkt cap ! $25.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.5¢ 16.5¢ $144.8K 851.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 125071 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 93625 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
17.0¢
  Change
0.015 ( 6.25 %)
Open High Low Volume
16.5¢ 17.0¢ 16.5¢ 270500
Last updated 14.15pm 07/05/2024 ?
AWJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.