HGO 1.45% 6.8¢ hillgrove resources limited

Could well be pub talk about what happened at work but it seems...

1. VYR
    4,460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2786

Could well be pub talk about what happened at work but it seems some new and returning posters hit hot copper at the same time as Warwick Grigor made mention of HGO on stock head and the buy side increased.

Grigor made some interesting observations that have been canvased on these threads.

*Three days of stock
    * copper demand will rise from 25Mt in 2020 to 53Mt by 2050, the date for most commercial and regulatory Net Zero targets.
    *“Ironically, the pullback in the copper price this year is probably going to make the coming deficit in supply even larger. How much exploration has been put on hold? How many development studies deferred? How hard has it been for emerging resource companies to access capital?”
    *Miners still bullish on copper.

When China learns to live with covid and Putin is put in a box all will be well.

I'm inclined to think a two stage FID could make sense.

Stage1:

Get two tranche Funding similar to the facility KSN got on the 7th July and Make a Decision using tranche one to complete the decline and get on with the stope definition and other drilling opportunities from underground that are on the critical path to production. If the copper price hasn't bounced to a point where Principal and Interest debt is available for final Stage 2 FID draw on Tranche 2 for a drilling programme that extends the mine life and or increases throughput while waiting for the copper price needed to support straight debt funding.

Waiting for a good copper price while progressing the UG mine at full speed could be the best result from a dilution perspective

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
-0.001(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $142.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 6.9¢ 6.8¢ $30.13K 442.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 417324 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 214301 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.29am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.