SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

"With lower AUD, Australian Oil/Gas stocks are already seeing...

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    "With lower AUD, Australian Oil/Gas stocks are already seeing serious appreciation. $BPT, $STO, $ORG.". Yes I agree. But it's a bit better than that : we now have an Energy Minister, Angus Taylor, who understands the energy market and will favour gas and coal over "renewables".
    https://www.angustaylor.com.au/medi...virtue-signalling-and-start-serving-customers
    "... we will back investment in baseload generation to retain supply and encourage competition. We will force divestments if necessary. Opening up our abundant natural resources – gas, coal, water and the sun – will ensure Australians receive the cheapest and most reliable electricity.

The reliability of our electricity grid is under pressure. The renewable energy targets in Victoria, Queensland and the ACT are dramatically worsening this situation, with unprecedented additions of intermittent wind and solar putting pressure on reliable baseload generators to exit.

The Victorian grid will be stretched to the limit this summer. Given its 50 per cent Renewable Energy Target, South Australia now has among the highest prices in the world and poor reliability.
    The sharp price increases and loss of reliability and security after the closure of Northern in South Australia and Hazelwood in Victoria demonstrate how this plays out, as the ACCC analysis showed.

Meanwhile, emissions reductions are the least of our problems, .....
    ".

Music to my ears. Note carefully how he equates renewables with high prices and with unreliability. Emissions reduction has been unceremoniously trashed. This guy is the best thing to happen in the Federal Government (and to Australian coal/oil/gas investors) for a long time!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.